WHAT IS THE VIA LINK 2-1-1 CALL CENTER?
VIA LINK provides crisis and suicide counseling and connects people to community resources that help them to resolve life's biggest challenges. Our call center counselors are available 24 hours a day to provide crisis counseling and information and referral to programs to help with needs such as food, shelter, medical care, financial assistants, counseling programs, substance abuse treatment, childcare, etc. Our counselors are ready to assist you.
2-1-1 MAKES LIFE SAVING CONNECTIONS
Call Center counselors provide an invaluable service to our community. The following are testimonials from real callers:
" The call was very helpful. The counselor told me about a number of agencies that were able to help me out. He told me a lot of information other agencies never told me about. It was great. He was very, very helpful. "
" The counselor gave me a lot of good information about what I could do because I am an alcoholic and I am 17. She gave me some information about how I can go about fixing that. I mean everything she told me was helpful. This service is amazing. It is the best service I have ever called. I have called other services and they didn't help me, but this one helped me. It helped me a lot. "
CALL CENTER PARTNERSHIPS
Our 24-hour call center receives on a variety of specialty hotlines including:
- 2-1-1 Counselors provide crisis counseling and information and referral for the Greater New Orleans Area.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Counselors provide suicide prevention for local callers to 1-800-273 TALK and 1-800-SUICIDE
- After Hours and Special Contracts
If you are interested in VIA LINK providing call center services for your agency, please call (504) 895-5575
TOP CALL CENTER NEEDS
- Basic Needs/Housing
- Mental Health Care/Counseling
- Other Community Services/Other
- Public Assistance
- Individual/Family Life
- Criminal Justice/Legal Services
- Consumer Education/Protection
- Employment Services
- Disaster Services